Vidhya Sabapathy, MD
Dr. Vidhya Sabapathy enjoys infectious disease (ID) as it is an ever-changing field that incorporates multi-organ systems. She finds it important to enjoy what she does, and ID provides that. The opportunity to take care of patients from a variety of backgrounds and cultures given the broad nature of the field is also attractive to her.
Dr. Sabapathy values patient-centered care and places importance on establishing good communication with her patients. Within infectious diseases, she shows particular interest in tropical diseases and antibiotic stewardship. She has done work abroad in these fields at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, India.
Apart from work, Dr. Sabapathy enjoys spending time with her husband and daughter. Her hobbies include travelling, singing and trying new recipes at home.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Subspecialty Infectious Disease
- Fellowship: Infectious Disease, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Residency: Riverside Methodist Hospital, Columbus, OH
- Internship: Riverside Methodist Hospital, Columbus, OH
- Medical School: Northeast Ohio Medical University, Rootstown, OH
- Undergraduate: Youngstown State University BS/MD Program
Professional Organizations and Affiliations
- Member: American College of Physicians
- Member: American Medical Association
- Member: Infectious Disease Society of America
Honors and Awards
- Certificate of Excellence for Exceptional Clinical Care of HIV Patients, Florida Department of Health
- Summa Cum Laude Graduate, Youngstown State University